There are many reasons to consider becoming a collaborator with the U-M CDHW. In addition of joining a vast network of Disability researchers, clinicians, and advocates, you will be able to:
- Build community with local and national organizations
- Network with researchers, clinicians, and advocates
- Benefit from partnerships, developing relationships with community and national agencies
- Gain access to a sustained structure and ongoing outlets for dissemination and knowledge translation activities, including social media, website, webinars, presentations, etc.
- Develop and leverage existing resources
If you would like to join us, our monthly meetings are a great opportunity to connect. E-mail UM-Disability-Health@med.umich.edu for more information.
Jump to our:
Internal direct partnerships refer to groups or departments that are or have been formally involved with our research projects.
- Institute for Social Research / School of Public Health
- Family Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- College of Pharmacy
Internal connections refer to groups or departments that we have worked with but are not formally involved with one of our research projects.
- Docs with Disabilities Initiative
- The Institute for Healthcare Policy and Innovation (IHPI)
- Medical Students for Disability Health and Advocacy (MDSHA)
- University of Michigan Adaptive Inclusive Sports Experience (UMAISE)
- Adaptive Sports & Fitness
- Multiple Departments and Institutions
- College of Engineering
- Office of Patient Experience
- School of Information
- School of Nursing
- University of Michigan Library
- College of Education, Health, and Human Services (University of Michigan - Flint)
- College of Engineering and Computer Science (University of Michigan -Dearborn)
External direct partnerships refer to groups, departments, universities etc. that are either on our grants, part of our advisory groups, or are part of the community grant program. Some of our community grantees have gone on to become research advisors on various projects.
- Augusta University
- The Center for Health and Research Transformation (CHRT)
- University of Central Florida
- University of Pittsburgh
- Wayne State University
- Michigan State University
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- Community Organizations
- Detroit Disability Power
- The Disability Network (Flint)
- Capuchin Soup Kitchen
- Communities First, Inc.
- LGBT Detroit
- Disability Network Washtenaw, Monroe, Livingston (DNWML)
- Warriors on Wheels of Metro Detroit
- Michigan Disability Rights Coalition
- Many Hands Lifesharing Community
- National Partners