These FAQs are meant to help you get through parts of the game that you are having trouble with. We also have a forum for the SCI Hard community in order to band together in their struggle against Dr. Schrync and his army of green-headed minions.
See our walkthrough videos and maps for additional help.
If you can’t find the that answer you’re looking for, then CHILLAX and send us an e-mail.
WHAT IS A SCI HARD ID?
- Where do I find it?
- The SCI Hard ID is a code that was sent to you by the research staff in the e-mail that notified you that you were part of the experimental group. It’s okay if you can’t find it — just send us an e-mail and we will send it to you.
- How do I enter it?
- After you name your character, the screen will change slightly and ask for your SCI Hard ID. If necessary, then delete the text of your character’s name and enter the code
HOW DO I SAVE MY PROGRESS IN THE GAME?
You can save your progress by following these steps:
1. Select the POS (the phone-like device on the bottom-right corner of your screen).
2. Select the gear icon (on the bottom-right corner of the POS).
3. Select “SAVE”.
HOW DO I MANUALLY SEND MY GAMEPLAY DATA?
Follow these instructions: click here
Note: This only applies to the research version of SCI Hard.
Some parts of the game allow you to just tap anywhere on the screen to advance the dialogue. However, if you have a choice in how to respond, you must tap directly on the words of your chosen dialogue.
WHY IS MY CHARACTER ALWAYS IN PAIN? OUCH!
- If your character moves around a lot without taking a break, then stamina (blue bar on the top-left corner of your screen) decreases. If stamina is completely depleted, then stress (yellow bar on the top-left corner of your screen) increases. If stress levels are too high, then your character will begin to experience pain.
- In order to decrease stress, select the POS (the phone-like device on the bottom-right corner of your screen) and use Soothing Melodies.
- Your character requires a pressure relief at least every two minutes. You will see a bubble flashing with the word “SKIN” (on the top-left corner of your screen) and your character begin to experience pain.
- In order to relieve pressure, press and hold on your character until s/he lifts her/himself off the chair. Keep holding for a second or so more and the pressure relief will be complete.
- Bladder and Bowel (starting in Level 2)
- Your character requires a bladder emptying at least every ten minutes and a bowel emptying at least every twenty minutes. If you forget about bowel or bladder emptying, then your character will be surrounded by a greenish haze and will immediately experience high stress and pain.
- In order to prevent a potential bladder or bowel accident, then use a bathroom for bladder and bowel emptying. Make sure that you have a cathkit in your inventory for bladder emptying.
- In order to determine how much time remaining until a potential bladder or bowel accident, select the POS (the phone-like device on the bottom-right corner of your screen) and use Health Metrics.
- If you experience a bladder or bowel accident, then go to a bathroom and select “CLEAN UP”.
WHERE CAN I GET ADDITIONAL CATHKITS FOR BLADDER EMPTYING?
- You can purchase additional cathkits from Raz in the hospital. Talk to him and select “Got anything I can buy?”.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS IN THE GAME?
- Level (Day) 1 – intro (meeting characters, learning controls), home, backyard
- Level (Day) 2 – home, park, hospital, backyard
- Level (Day) 3 – home, hospital, DMV, park, forest, car dealership, club
- Level (Day) 4 – home, hospital
HOW DO I USE THE MOVE-O-MATIC?
- Your first use of the Move-O-Matic is to move furniture out of the way so you can leave the bedroom. The easiest way to move furniture around is to move everything out of the bedroom into the living room. After that, it will be easier to put each object back where you want. Use the rotation buttons to fine tune the object’s orientation.
HOW DO I SAVE GRANDPA FROM THE SQUIRRELS?
- How and when do I shoot?
- You shoot by tapping on the squirrels. You should try to hit them when they are over top one of the bushes in the background. This provides a soft landing for the objects and for Grandpa. Don’t try to hit them before they are in the trees.
HOW DO I PICK UP THE BASEBALL BAT?
- Where do I find it?
- The baseball bat is in the backyard leaning against a picnic table. The picnic tables are to the left of the porch.
- Now that I’ve found it, how do I pick it up? I’ve been bumping into that picnic table for hours!
- When you get close to the baseball bat (and other items in the game), a diamond will appear above it. Tap between the baseball bat and the diamond. If you have trouble, then move away and then approach it from a different angle.
HOW DO I PLAY THE HOSPITAL MINI-GAMES?
- Schrync’s Memory
- The goal of the mini-game is to find all the matching pairs of cards in the least amount of turns. You reveal two cards at a time. Matching starts with luck but is then taken over by your ability to remember the locations of the cards that have already been revealed. The cards are randomly placed, so they will move around if you restart a level. More cards are added at each level.
- The mini-game is a take on the classic card game of memory.
- The cards are based off of the classic Rorschach test.
- Oti’s Stacking
- The goal of the mini-game is to stack objects without damaging them, so you should stack heavier objects at the bottom and lighter objects at the top. Utilize the entire length of the conveyor belt in order to get a peek at the next objects. This will allow you to place them in their ideal spots.
- Petey’s Racing
- When you’re racing around the track, don’t get run over by the other runners. They’re rude and will trample you like a herd of elephants! A good strategy is to stop in at least every other crossover path.
HOW DO I GET THE DRIVER’S LICENSE?
- Three pieces of ID in the forest (accessed at the bottom-left corner of the park)
- social security card – next to the pond
- birth certificate – next to the well
- blood sample – The blood sample is located on a rock (in the top-right corner of the forest), but Mama Bear is blocking the path. Find and pick up her four cubs and return them to her. She will then allow you to move by and pick up the blood sample. See our “Forest” map that shows the locations of the cubs.
- Getting the rigged ticket
- Memorize the ticket number that is displayed at the DMV. You will enter it into Schrync’s rigged ticket machine which is located in his office. In order to access the rigged ticket machine, head to the hospital and talk to Schrync’s secretary outside of his office.
HOW DO I AVOID THE HOSPITAL SPOTLIGHTS?
- The hospital spotlights can be very tricky and may require you to slow down for a moment in order to see their pattern and timing. You will also want to notice if there is another spotlight nearby. You wouldn’t want to make it through a spotlight only to get surprised by another one. See our “Hospital – Level 4” map that shows the locations of the spotlights.
HOW DO I DEFEAT DR. SCHRYNC? — A COURSE ON HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND SWAT MISSILES
- Land Mines 101
- As Schrync chases you around the room, navigate and lead him into his own land mines. Be sure not to run into the land mines yourself, though!
- Grenades 201
- Avoid Schrync’s grenade and let it hit the floor. Move over the grenade once it is on the floor in order to pick it up. Once you have the grenade on the back of your wheelchair, tap on Schrync in order to hurl it back in his direction. Don’t hold on to the grenade for too long!
- Missiles 301
- Swing your bat/weapon in order to swat the missile back towards Schrync. Timing can be tricky, so be careful (try tapping on your character when the missile is near the top of its arc)!