Augusta University Postdoctoral Fellow Position Available
We are sharing this job opportunity at Augusta University as a resource only. Interested applicants should apply through Augusta University job posting #251672.
Postdoctoral Fellow Position
The Postdoctoral Fellow will join an ACL-NIDILRR funded project in Augusta University’s Institute of Public and Preventive Health to assess the relationship of social determinants of health and health utilization among Medicare and Medicaid enrolled people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The postdoctoral scholar will be responsible for data curation, analysis, and writing scientific manuscripts, as well as regulatory and ethical human subjects documentation and management of study binders and materials.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop county level metrics using various large U.S. data sets.
- Analyze Centers for Medicare and Medicaid data.
- Summarize and evaluate findings in extant literature, including infographics.
- Prepare manuscript for publication in scientific journals.
- Develop policy briefs.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Population Health, Health Promotion, Health Services, Health Policy, Allied Health, Biostatistics, Health Economics, or a closely related field. Experience in handling large data sets, proficiency in Stata, and demonstrated publication history a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Position is located in Augusta, Georgia due to proximity of data. Salary and benefits are adjusted for the cost of living in this region. Nearby Evans (10 minutes from Augusta) was identified by Money Magazine in 2020 as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
- Training and support provided by Augusta University and our project partners at University of Michigan’s RRTC.
- Opportunity for consideration of future faculty position due to growth of IPPH.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply through Augusta University job posting #251672.