IDEAL RRTC Community Grants - Partnering with Communities to Promote Healthy Aging for People with Physical Disabilities
The IDEAL RRTC will be awarding community grants to community organizations operating from or providing services/programming to socio-economically marginalized communities in the greater Detroit and / or greater Flint Metro Areas.
This news item refers to the 2021 grant cycle. For information on the 2023 grant cycle, please click here.
Each award will provide up to $12,000 in funding for a 12-month period. Awards support the development or provision of a program, service, or intervention that is expected to improve the health and wellness of individuals living with long-term physical disabilities in the in the greater Detroit and / or greater Flint Metro Areas.
Primary Goals Of Community Grants
- Facilitate the development or expansion of programs to promote healthy aging for people with disabilities which are generated by communities to be relevant to their specific needs, concerns and strengths;
- Help create and demonstrate the effectiveness of community programs;
- Assist community organizations in developing grant-writing skills to support the long-term sustainability of those programs;
- Create and promote partnerships between University of Michigan researchers and disability and community organizations in racially and socioeconomically marginalized communities in southeast Michigan; and
- Support mutual training and knowledge enhancement that is responsive to these communities’ unique needs, strengths and concerns.
Information Session / Webinar: Monday, November 9, 2020 at 2pm; email for the zoom link or call in information UM-Disability-Health@med.umich.edu and / or to set up an individual time to discuss questions or projects
Deadline for Submission: Monday 11:59 pm ET November 30, 2020
Notification by: December 21, 2020
Start date: No earlier than January 4, 2021
Quarterly Reporting Deadlines:
- April 1, 2021: Brief report (guide to be provided)
- July 1, 2021: Brief report (guide to be provided)
- October 1, 2021: Brief report (guide to be provided)
- Final, January 3, 2022: Comprehensive report (guide provided)
- 1st Disbursement: January 2021 (45% of grant)
- 2nd Disbursement: July 2021, or upon receipt of April 1 and July 1 Quarterly Reports (45%)
- Final Disbursement: January 2022, or upon receipt of October 1 and Final Quarterly Reports (10%)